EW’s 7th Travel Industry Zoominar, One Year On
Exactly one week ago we hosted our 7th Travel Industry Zoominar and in similar fashion to our previous sessions, we had a wonderful turn-out and fantastic speakers.
This session has not only marked a whole year of online ‘Zoominars’ but also a year in which we promised to stand by our colleagues and friends within the Travel Industry and to help out as much as we can. No doubt that 13 months ago, we all left our offices thinking that we’ll be back in a few weeks’ time and the prospect of spending a little time working from home was quite welcomed.
We never thought that for the next year and a bit, we will still be meeting virtually, sharing screens and forgetting to unmute ourselves from time to time.
The Elman Wall Covid-19 Zoominars were initially set up so we could keep our clients and industry friends updated on all the new changes and measures as well as helping attendees navigate through areas such as Tax, Audit and Travel M&A.
After our first session, we realised that this will develop into such more than a virtual update and that is all thanks to the camaraderie and the support forum that has blossomed during these sessions. We are always overjoyed to see the wonderful people within the Travel Industry helping each other out, be it with advice, personal stories or sharing information – it’s mainly what makes us so proud to be part of this big and caring ‘travel family’.
Of course, none of our Zoominars would be here without our speakers and over the course of a year, we surely had amazing people sharing stories, keeping the conversation alive and relevant and keeping everyone updated.
So, this time round, a special thanks goes out to all our speakers for their continuous support and valuable insights – we couldn’t have managed it without them.
For their industry updates, thanks to:
- John De Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Financial Services, ABTA
- Joss Croft, CEO, UKinbound
- Clive Wratten, CEO, The BTA
- Chris Rowles, Chairman, AITO -The Specialist Travel Association
And special guests:
- Simon Calder, Broadcaster & Journalist, The Independent
- Julia Lo Bue-Said, CEO, Advantage Travel Partnership
- Suzanne Horner, CEO, Gray Dawes
- Rob Russell, CEO, AC Group
- Sam Clark, Co-Founder & Director, ExperienceTravel Group
- Chris Wright, Group MD, Sunvil
- Tom Avery, CEO, Ski Verbier Exclusive
For their continuous great contributions and very useful advice during all our sessions, thank you:
- Joanna Kolatsis, Director, Themis Advisory (Travel Related Law)
- Rebecca Thornley-Gibson, DMH Stallard (Employment Law)
- Mark Supperstone, Managing Partner, ReSolve Group (Insolvency Advice)
- Daniel Landen, MD, Protected Trust Services (Trust Accounts)
- Samantha Bradbury , Membership Director ABTOT and Travel & General Insurance (Bonding)
- Barbara Kolosinska, Director, C&M Recruitment
Finally, for all their contributions as part of The Elman Wall & Summit Advisory Team:
- Ian Palmer – Audit Director
- Russell Eisen- Head of Tax
- Laura Chipp – Head of VAT and TOMS
- Deborah Potts – Director, Summit Advisory – Business Growth and Travel M&A
- Claire Steiner – EWHR – employment and HR support
And to all our attendees, as ever – thank you for being part of our ever-expanding community of Travel Industry friends and colleagues, thank you for engaging and sharing your comments, knowledge, and advice and most of all, thank you all for showing-up.