M&A Travel Insights Survey
Summit Advisory helps travel business owners grow, acquire or sell their travel business.
In our recent 2019 Travel Insights Survey, conducted in partnership with Elman Wall, a number of key findings were revealed:
- There are more buyers than sellers out there.
- The top 3 reasons for buyers wanting to acquire a travel business were ‘access to new customers and/or source markets’, followed by ‘growing our own profits with a view to our own sale’ and thirdly ‘to offer new products and/or destinations’.
- Those companies planning to sell were mainly doing so ‘for personal reasons’, followed by the opportunity to ‘capitalise on Entrepreneur’s Relief’, no doubt whilst it is still available.
- Travel business owners were, unsurprisingly, far more confident about the prospects for their businesses in 2020 versus 2019
- Brexit was clearly the main reason impacting reduced confidence for 2019 versus 2020
Unfortunately, as we write this, Brexit continues to cast the shadow of uncertainty over the Travel Industry. Uncertainty is not great for buyers or sellers but buyers who understand the travel industry and who are generally already invested in it, can see beyond Brexit.
Whether you are thinking of buying or selling a travel business, we urge you to prepare early and talk to us sooner rather than later.
Deborah Potts: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Gaby Marcon Clarke: email@example.com
Tel: 020 7600 5772